The post-bac graduate certificate program can be completed in one year. The 16 credit hour program is broken down into 6 credit hours of Greek language study and 6 credit hours of Latin language study and 4 credit hours in thesis writing and presentation.
Requirements for awarding of the graduate certificate:
- At least 2 courses numbered 401 and above in one language (6 credit hours).
- At least 2 courses numbered 405 and above in the other language (6 credit hours).
- CLSC 492 (3 credit hours) – Offered in the fall semester, this course is focused on the completion of substantial term paper, which can serve as the writing sample needed for admission to graduate schools.
- CLSC 493 (1 credit hour) – Offered in the spring semester, this course is the engaging presentation of the term paper completed in CLSC 492 to three faculty members and open to the public.
- 3.5 grade-point average or greater.
Students can also take or audit classical civilization courses.